Saturday, May 14, 2011

Truth

Truth is rare.

We care about much besides truth, and thus we often sacrifice it. We wish to spare another pain and thus sacrifice the truth. We wish others to think well of us and thus sacrifice the truth. We wish to manipulate another and thus sacrifice the truth. Truth is sacrificed for these and a myriad of other reasons. We will never lack reason to sacrifice the truth.

I will attempt not to do this. I will attempt to tell the truth in all I say. (Anonymity of course makes this much easier.)

This will be difficult. I feel the same temptation to bend the truth as do you.

About what will I tell the truth? About me and my performance. About my students and the quality of their work. About my colleagues and their behavior. About administration and its management of my school corporation. About lawmakers and the policies they enact.

Let us begin.

No comments :

Post a Comment